Tuesday, November 22, 2011

perspective :: blogging

I haven't been blogging very much. In fact, I haven't really blogged in a long time I think...it just seems like I've been so busy. However, at the same time, there have been opportunities do write, however I decided to turn them down and spend my time elsewhere.

So it made me think, what is the purpose of my blog?

Honestly, I can't think of why I really started blogging.

Perhaps it had something to do with just discovering something new, wanting to try it out.
I had bought my own computer and wanted to have something more than school to use it for.

Mostly, I think it was just because I could.

Sure, it's a good way to put my writing out there...but at the same time I haven't done that much. I seem to worry very much that someone might plagiarize, take my work and claim it as their own.

Yeah, it's a good way to keep in touch with friends and family...but I have more people I don't know reading my blog than there is friends and family reading.

Anymore, I'm not sure why I have a blog. Other than it being something else to add to the list of things I'm avoiding doing.

No more. I've spent a lot of time building this blog, designing numerous templates and looks; many of which have never been used. No more not writing because my perspective has been twisted and I'm seeing as a chore. As something I have to do, but for the wrong reasons.

It's time to switch my perspective back.
It is something I have to do...but not because it's a chore, not because I need to keep readers, not for my "fame".
It's something I have to do: for the sake of my sanity, for the sake of my soul.


I write
NOT for the sake of glory
NOT for the sake of fame
NOT for the sake of success
but for the sake of my soul
-Rachel Joy Scott

No comments:

Popular Posts