Sunday, July 10, 2011

Etsy Lovelies

As many of you may know by now - from all my different posts about Etsy - that I absolutely adore Etsy. You never know what you're going to find. Its just full of crazy, talented people with a vast array of skills.

And on Friday I found a shop to add to my favorites: Tribal Style.



These Organic Earrings are all handmade for regular pierced ears.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

TribalStyle is a place where cultural tribal adornment meets modern day life. I have taken earrings that were originally made for gauged ears, split them and inserted a sterling silver post. Making them available for people who have always admired this tribal style, but could not make the commitment of stretching their ears.

The materials used are all natural and eco-friendly.
The earrings are made from wood, coconut, and salvaged bone and horn. The bone and horn used to hand-carve these tribal earrings are from a domesticated water buffalo used for cultivation and food. To minimize waste, they are respectfully used for this form of art and income.


How COOL is that???

Personally, I love them. And if there's any doubt in your mind about the awesomeness, just wait 'til you see some my favorites!!!




















Originally when I saw all of these I was going to purchase the first pair pictured.
I'm kind of allergic to metal and can really only wear earrings with gold hooks / studs (I do wear other earrings, and surgical steel isn't too bad but I can't wear other metals frequently) so I'm excited to try a wood alternative.

But sadly, someone snatched that pair up before I could click 'buy' and so I settled for my second favorite, that, while slightly more expensive, I am just as excited about!


They should be coming in sometime this week. Full review coming soon!

(though the review may be a bit delayed depending on just how close they arrive to when I'm departing for camp)

No comments:

Popular Posts