Friday, December 13, 2013

the bullying experiment


This came across one of my social media feeds yesterday, and after sharing it on Facebook, today I realized I wanted to post it here to share with all of you (however many or few there may be).

Bullying is a seriously problem, especially in America.
One of the most horrible consequences of bullying is suicide, and bullying is most common inside our schools.
Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death for Americans age 15-24. [x]

I know first hands the effects bullying has. And despite all the anti-bullying campaigns schools implement, it doesn't do much unless we all get serious about standing up and saying no.

I've always been taught by my parents to fight back, to fight for those who can't, to stand up for what I believe in and say "no, this isn't okay" when something is happening that isn't right or that I don't agree with.

In my own experience, I've come to know that standing by and doing noting, being a bystander when someone is being bullied, is just as bad as doing the bullying yourself.

Please, please, please, keep yourself and others safe. Bullying can only be prevented, and stopped, if we stop it. If we stand up, and we say ENOUGH.



No comments:

Popular Posts