Wednesday, December 11, 2013

geekery, school, and blogging

If you're reading this, you may have noticed that just yesterday I launched a new design for Concrete & Grace!
(Or, if you're reading this via bloglovin, or an email subscription, click here to check it out!)

I was going to go with a classic black and white, but along the way the idea of a deep blue background and coinciding color scheme invokative of the winter night sky just wouldn't leave my mind. Obviously it's not that far template-wise from what I had, but it is simple, elegant even. And most of all: I really, really like the change.


I've used the back-to-back C&G logo in the past, but wanted to bring it back in a more classic font (Times New Roman has grown on me.) for it to have uses further into the future. Inspiration for it can be closely linked to the well known Chanel logo.

In other news, yesterday I finished getting my financial aid stuff worked out, and am officially - and happily - registered for classes! Registered, with textbooks reserved, and extra funds awarded left over! I am so incredibly thankful!

I only have three classes right now, just enough to fulfill my requirements for financial aid (12 credit minimum). Just general, get it out of the way classes. Namely: music appreciation, intro to film, and a computer sciences class focusing on Excel.

If you happen to follow me on tumblr, or on Instagram, you may know I'm a fan of a podcast called Welcome To Night Vale. It's bizarre, funny, and not for every person; but I adore it.
For incredibly nerdy reasons that involve both WTNV and Star Trek, I am in love with this shirt I bought a few weeks ago that arrived in the mail on Monday.

In fact, I am very much wearing it today!

Last night my family and I watched Epic for the first time; and I have to say, I wish I had taken the time to see it sooner!
I thoroughly enjoyed it, from the soundtrack, to the comedy, the action, the vocal talent, to (of course) the gorgeous animation.
Wow.
It earns a definite recommendation from me!

That's really all I have for now, but don't miss today's other post; one of my recent, favorite songs, from one of the albums I've had on repeat for the last month. And check back in tomorrow for some more tunes, and Friday for some hilarity in the form of a favorite YouTube video.


LISTENING: aventine (album) by agnes obel (re)READING: fellowship of the ring by j.r.r. tolkien WATCHING: epic

No comments:

Popular Posts