Monday, November 28, 2011

Harry Potter

my books
I have something to say.
Something many people find controversial. Something that will probably cause more than one of you to stop following my blog.

It's about Harry Potter.
I've read Harry Potter, I love the books, the movies, and have grown up with the story.

Do I look at Harry Potter as evil? Not anymore than anything else.

In this recent article the exorcist for the Catholic church said that "Harry Potter and yoga are evil."

Well, I don't have an opinion on yoga as I haven't done any research into the matter but I do have an opinion about what he's said of Harry Potter.

His premise is that "In Harry Potter the devil acts in a crafty and covert manner" and “Practising yoga is satanic, it leads to evil just like reading Harry Potter".

You know what? Satan can use the Bible just as much as Harry Potter to make people do evil things. What I'm saying is that Satan can use Harry Potter, but only as much as the next thing. In fact, Satan has worked through the bible to make people do evil things; slavery, the crusades, polygamy...shall I go on?

Did I mention this is coming from a man whose "favorite film is the 1973 horror classic, The Exorcist." and PROMOTES HORROR MOVIES such as "The Rite, a film about exorcism starring Sir Anthony Hopkins as a Jesuit priest."

It seems pretty stupid to me, saying that satan can work through Harry Potter as if it's the worst and only outlet.

No comments:

Popular Posts