Thursday, April 21, 2011

Company with a Cause: TOMS SHOES

I like organizations that work for a good cause.
Not the fakey ones or the ones that are making a gazillion dollars off of it.

The real ones.

My favorite, and ones I support include TWLOHA (To Write Love On Her Arms), World Vision, Love 146, and the topic of this post...TOMS Shoes.





I've known about TOMS since...well, just about their beginning.

But its only been in the past several months that I've really started paying attention to what they do and just how much it means...and how cute their shoes happen to be ;-)

One for One


TOMS Shoes was founded on a simple premise: With every pair you purchase, TOMS will give a pair of new shoes to a child in need. One for One. Using the purchasing power of individuals to benefit the greater good is what we're all about. The TOMS mission transforms our customers into benefactors, which allows us to grow a truly sustainable business rather than depending on fundraising for support.

Giving Is Catching On...
The TOMS mission of giving shoes has attracted other brands, resulting in unique and successful collaborations. Ralph Lauren sold co-branded Polo Rugby TOMS, giving a matched pair with every pair sold. Element Skateboards has issued limited edition TOMS + Element shoes as well as a One for One skateboard. With every skateboard purchased, one will be given to a child at the Indigo Skate Camp in Durban, South Africa. It is TOMS’ hope that as our One for One movement continues to grow, more and more companies will look to incorporate giving into what they do.

The TOMS Story
In 2006, American traveler Blake Mycoskie befriended children in Argentina and found they had no shoes to protect their feet. Wanting to help, he created TOMS Shoes, a company that would match every pair of shoes purchased with a pair of new shoes given to a child in need. One for One. Blake returned to Argentina with a group of family, friends and staff later that year with 10,000 pairs of shoes made possible by TOMS customers.

As of September 2010, TOMS has given over one million pairs of new shoes to children in need through Giving Partners around the world.

Its that cool OR WHAT?! haha

And not only do they have a bunch of cute styles and colors for men, women and children they also have a wedding collection.

Awesome? I think yes!

Just a few weeks ago TOMS had their 'Day Without Shoes':



I really, really, really wanted to do it...and I did for the most part...except for when I had to go to the grocery store...the won't let me in without shoes (health laws lol).

TOMS just keeps growing more and more and almost everywhere I go, I'm seeing at least one person sporting TOMS.

And because I've been suffering from some serious shoe-lust over
these beauties
, not to mention I'm willing to save for the price because its buying shoes for not just me...



I do believe I know where my next pair of shoes is going to come from!!!
(And did I mention their rave reviews??? Apparently comfort is an understatement with even these...I SO want to try that out for myself!)

No comments:

Popular Posts