Wednesday, February 09, 2011

when I look at the stars...



One of my favorite things to do is stand outside looking at the stars.
It makes me feel so small in a big world. So in awe of the awesome God we have. So in awe of His creation.
What really blows my mind is how its everywhere. The sky I mean. And the same night sky I so love to stand under and watch the stars, is the same sky my friends and family--the people I love--see too.
Its something that connects us all no matter who we are or how far away we might be.
Its something that can't be defined, captured or expressed.
Just awe.

night sky

Is this
The same
Night sky
That you
Look at
With me
The same
Night sky
We stood under
Together
So long ago
The same stars shining
The same
Moon reflecting
The same
Blue velvet
Sky

We stood
And watched
The sky
With wonder
Standing
Together
In awe
The same
Moon
We watched
Drive by
The windows

It’s the same
Night sky
That you
Look at
With me
The same
Night sky
From
So long ago

Is this
The same
Night sky
That you
Looked at
With me
Stood under
The stars
Together
So long ago

Popular Posts