Saturday, December 11, 2010

Yay for the Weekend!

Well, I am SO glad its the weekend!!!

This past week of school has been stressful, stressful and stressful!!!

I seem to be using exclamation points rather a lot today...

I'm dropping my Spanish course at the semester.
Which in itself is a long story in itself...
I guess a good summary is that the course was written by morons.
And that, that is the truth...sadly...

I'm immensely enjoying my forensic science course.
In fact, its my favorite subject...as well as my best.

Web design is going well, though I think the hardest part is definitely having some inspiration to be able to make the page, compared to that all the HTML is a breeze!

But on to something a little less tiresome.

I've started reading some new books.



I began Misguided Angel the newest installment in the Blue Bloods series by Melissa De La Cruz the other night. I'm hoping that this book will live up to the caliber of the previous novels, but I am a bit of a skeptic as I have heard from quite a few different people that nothing happens. I guess I'll see. (I would like to point out, for the record, for those of you that care, that no this is not a Christian book. In fact it is a vampire series. You can read more on why I actually have enjoyed them and a bit about what they're about, here on C&G.)




Due to the popular demand and rave reviews for The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, as well as my love for the Gregor the Overlander series, I've gotten The Hunger Games on audio book from my library to put on my iPod (I've been listening to audiobooks more than reading lately due to school).



I finished reading Torment by Lauren Kate a week ago now, and while it wasn't quite as good as its predecessor Fallen (my review can be found on GoodReads just click the book cover above) it was still an awesome book and I'm definitely looking forward to the third installment, Passion to be released next summer!

I've heard that the movie adaptation of The City of Bones is in the works.


Now, I absolutely enjoyed reading The City of Bones...for the first three fourths of the book...and then came the little plot twist that really just messed up the whole thing...the author definitely could've left it out...so, while it was very well written and a mostly enjoyable read, I'm not going to suggest it for most, especially more conservative readers.

Now, I have a quick reading-related question for all of you readers of blogs and books alike out there.
Has anyone read Incerceron?

I'm welcome to book suggestions, comments and reviews alike!

P.S. I finished up the new blog design and figured it all out, and am wondering what all of you are thinking of the new format, so head on over to the top of the sidebar and vote on the poll (or you can comment ;).

No comments:

Popular Posts