Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Capturing Creation Photo Challenge Day 5

Day 5: Let There Be Sea Creatures and Birds

"Then God said, "Let the waters abound with an abundance of of living creatures, and let the birds fly above the earth across the face of the firmament of the heavens." " --Genesis 1:20


Being not only landlocked, but an absolutely shoddy photographer when it comes to anything living (except my strangely photogenic cat that will pose for me...but thats another story...) I'm going with what I got.

The closest photo I have to anything birdy is this fluffy little feather that fluttered and fell on top of this rusty...well, I forget what it is but I just thought its such a lovely contrast and had to take a picture.


The closest I can get to the sea, is my river.
This picture was actually taken when it was down to its original level for the first time in over twenty years.
It was known for its treacherous rapids and falls for almost a century before the dam was put in, drawing the water level up and evening things out.
Where I was standing when I took this picture, I would've (to put in terms of building height) been about a story or two underwater normally.

1 comment:

nzkiwigirl said...

I love that feather picture! It looks great! And I love the way you've captured the water splashing in the 2nd picture too.
Nice new blog design! Cute snowflakes. Glad you are enjoying the photo challenge!

Popular Posts